Dataset: Management-Strategy Evaluation of the Main Hawaiian Islands with the Atlantis Ecosystem Model: hind-cast simulations and ecosystem forecasting under climate scenarios
Provided by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Department of Commerce
Updated 11 Dec 2021
On this page: Summary | Resources | Preview | Get the dataset | Explore related
The dataset on this page is a cache of the dataset https://catalog.data.gov/dataset/management-strategy-evaluation-of-the-main-hawaiian-islands-with-the-atlantis-ecosystem-model-h. It is a snapshot of the dataset as it appeared on 20 Jan 2022 07:41 GMT. The current dataset could have changed in the meantime. Attribution: Contains data retrieved from Data.gov.
The data described here is the Main Hawaiian Islands (MHI) Atlantis Ecosystem model output data for biomass and catch trends of various functional groups under different scenarios. Hind-cast simulations were run for for model validation, and forecast simulations were run for ecological forecasting under different climate change scenarios. The data used in the model comes from benthic and coral reef fish surveys conducted by Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC) RAMP cruises, recreational fishery data from MRIP, commercial fishery data administered by WPacFIN, bottomfish fishery-dependent and independent data from PIFSC, and sea turtle and monk seal data from the PIFSC. Model simulations of ecological forecasting were carried out and included 50 year forecast (2020-2070) simulations with and without the predicted effects of climate change (ocean warming and ocean acidification) evaluating changes in ecological and social state components. The MHI Atlantis Ecosystem Model incor...
|Dataset:||Management-Strategy Evaluation of the Main Hawaiian Islands with the Atlantis Ecosystem Model: hind-cast simulations and ecosystem forecasting under climate scenarios|
|Provider:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Department of Commerce|
|Licence:||License information is derived automatically. Refer to source for license information before using this data.|
Licence information not found.
|Country:||United States of America|
"Management-Strategy Evaluation of the Main Hawaiian Islands with the Atlantis Ecosystem Model: hind-cast simulations and ecosystem forecasting under climate scenarios" contains the following resources:
- other - Catch_Forecast_ClimChngModel output of climate change scenario on catches, by functional group.
- other - Catch_Hindcast_CatchTimeSeriesThe model output when forced with historical catch time series from 1995 to 2017 (including recreational as well as commercial catches) and compared the observed total catches with the modeled total catches.
- other - Biomass_Forecast_ClimChngModel output for biomass by functional groups in a climate change scenario.
- other - Biomass_Forecast_ClimChngminus10percBiomass model output data for a 10% decrease in parameter estimates for climate change scenario
- other - Biomass_Forecast_ClimChnplus10percBiomass model output data for a 10% increase in parameter estimates for climate change scenario
- other - Biomass_Hindcast_CatchTimeSeriesThe model output when forced with historical catch time series from 1995 to 2017 (including recreational as well as commercial catches) and compared the observed total catches with the modeled total catches (Refer to NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-PIFSC-113 https://doi.org/10.25923/cwqb-1z04 for more details)
- other - Calibration_100yr_NoStressorsCalibration for control simulation
- other - Catch_Hindcast_forcedFishingMortalityCalibration: Incremental increase in fishing mortality (refer to NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-PIFSC-113 for more details)
- other - Biomass_Hindcast_forcedFishing MortalityIncorporating historical data to validate the model output
- other - Catch_Forecast_ClimChngminus10percModel output for a 10% decrease in climate change parameters on catch forecast
- other - Catch_Forecast_ClimChngplus10percModel output for a 10% increase in climate change parameters on catch forecast
- other - Full Metadata RecordView the complete metadata record on InPort for more information about this dataset.
- other - Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center WebsiteWebsite listed for Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center
- other - Atlantis, an ecosystem modelHome page for Atlantis
- other - Hawaii Atlantis Ecosystem Model Planning WorkshopReport of the Hawaii Atlantis Ecosystem Model Planning Workshop held in January 2017 in Honolulu
- other - Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) KeywordsThe information provided on this page seeks to define how the GCMD Keywords are structured, used and accessed. It also provides information on how users can participate in the further development of the keywords.
- pdf - NOAA Data Management Plan (DMP)NOAA Data Management Plan for this record on InPort.
Previews are not currently available for this dataset.
Get the dataset
Explore related datasets
Find other datasets by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Department of Commerce.